Saturday, March 14, 2009

Getting in Some Final Winter Pieces

I'm squeezing in a couple more winter items before the warm weather sets in down here. This first one is a custom order for my niece in NJ. I daresay she has a bit more winter left than I do here in the Carolinas. We've come up with this design over e-mails and photo attachments only, so I sure hope she's pleased with the end product. I used Moda Dea's Tweedle Dee in Cinnamon Twist. I'm not a fan of tweeds, but this is a great wool-blend yarn that I've really come to love. It's self-shading so the colorwork is automatic. I started with a foundation single crochet row (FSC=create foundation chain and 1st sc row at the same time), then used single-crochet as the primary stitch throughout. The center rows are designed with a v-stitch pattern for added appeal. Long sides are edged with a half-double crochet row.

I'm working on a winter sweater for myself which I hope to have finished this weekend. I'll post it here when it's complete.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: