Sunday, September 2, 2007

Lion Brand V-Stitch Shells

I went sort of crazy on this V-stitch shell and made it in three different colors (one was intended as a surprise for my dd but she informed me that she didn't care for it before she even knew it was going to be for her - sigh). I used Bernat Tots; I love their vibrant pastels but boy, the yarn really sheds all over the place. This turned out to be very annoying (I even carry a small lint brush with me when I wear one of these tops!) and it's pretty much what deterred me from making a 4th shell in Bernat Tots Grape. I already purchased that yarn though, so I guess I may actually have to use it for a baby item. However, especially because I have a skirt in mind that I want to wear it with, I still intend to make this top in lavender, but will most likely use Lion Brand Cotton in Grape instead.

7 comments:

Karen said...

I love you tops! Did you have any trouble with the patterns.

GemLady521 said...

Thanks Karen!! No, the instructions for these were very clear. After reading your comment, I realized that I meant to include a link to them on Lion's website. You'll see the hyperlink to them now with "super easy shell". I've visited your blog before through Crochetville, that vest is the bomb!! :-)

Lesalicious said...

Love the top great job. Seen your post on crochetville so wanted to check out your blog. Congrats on getting your blog started it looks nice. :)

Anonymous said...

I love all of these tops. When I get an opportunity, I'm going to have to take some time to get these started--that is after I finish an afghan I've already began.

Anonymous said...

Great and informative blog. Keep up the good work. The pictures are wonderful. I love the Mother's Day floral arrangement.

Mary Sarah said...

Great tops! Love the colors you used for them! Found your blog on crochetville. I'll be checking in.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.