Sunday, September 2, 2007

Summer Sweaters (all pictures are click-able)


These sweaters are from what might be my most favorite pattern book - Crocheted Sweaters by Susan Huxley.

The first two pics show the sweater I made from the "Bright Idea" pattern. The main attraction for me with this sweater was the shell trellis pattern border, it was a lot of fun to make. I am actually in the process of making this sweater again, this time at the request of my mom, in totally different colors. While I enjoyed making the sweater, I dreaded the idea of working with this yarn again -- Lion Brand Microspun. Love the weight, but it splits a lot. I recently found out though that the splitting is not that bad once I changed to a Clover Soft Touch hook.

Below is another sweater I made using the "Two-Way Tee" pattern in this book. The pattern called for a double-knit/light worsted yarn, but I took a chance and used a worsted weight -- Lion Brand Cotton-Ease. As I should have expected, it came out okay, just heavier weight than it was meant to be. I made it a 2nd time using Patons Grace (pictured below in fuschia). In the close up, I tried to show the stitch detail in this pattern. The bottom half of the tee is worked horizontally, the top half worked vertically, in two different stitch patterns. The neckline is also 2-way; you'll notice the round neckline in the first pic and the square neckline pictured below.

I made all of these sweaters 2-3 years ago. They've gotten a good deal of wear and I am now noticing, after taking these pics, that I have some loose ends to weave in and pilling to attend to. :-\

6 comments:

Karen G. said...

Those are really, really cute sweaters, but what I'm wondering is...how did you get to 2009 already?

:-)

Anonymous said...

I adore these sweaters! I am looking forward to learning how to make them.

GemLady521 said...

Krakovianka, thanks so much for the compliment. By changing the date on my post to somewhere in the far future, I get to control the posts that stay at the top. If you do a search on Blogger Help for something like "post order", you'll find instructions on this. Thanks again for stopping by!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis,
I know what it is to find your true passion in something. Keep up the gorgeous work.
Love,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

How lovely everything is, and what's most striking, so much variety! You need to be selling this stuff!

Charlotte Sis

Aqueelah said...

Man your work is cute. I tried taking a class once. Well, it didn't work. Sorry it took so long for me to get back but, yeah...My consultant is Mrs. Crawford. I have an appointment on the 26th of April. that would be cool if we could meet up. I would love that. I will be officially done with England on the 11th of April (Home Sweet Home!!).

And, I think that I have a party scheduled there when I get back also. (By the way...I do THOSE parties). The lady that will be hosting the Ladies Night Out Party for me lives in Charlotte also. I met her after a re-tightening. She was scheduled right after myself.

So, long story short....that would be cool if we got together for lunch or something. Even if not that....just meet up and say hi to a fellow SL sister. There aren't many where I'm from.

Take care.