Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Fall Toppers


I made these sweaters a couple of years ago, long before I created a blog, and thought this would be a good time and way to showcase them. The red one above was made from Lion Brand's Glitterspun and the pattern, Crochet Bronze Beauty Top, is also from Lion Brand. I love the look and weight of this yarn, which was easy to find at the time, but I haven't seen it in stores around here since I purchased it those few years ago. The pattern was simple, but also a little tricky at times. I've never written a pattern in my life, but I still venture to say that this one could have been written more clearly. In any case, once I figured it out, I was pretty pleased with the results. I'd actually like to make more of these ... one day. ;-)


This is my Flirty Top made from Aunt Lydia's Shimmer Fashion thread. Despite the fact that the skill level for this pattern was rated "Easy", I was a little intimidated when I first started this because the lace pattern looked as though it might be complicated. However, after just a few rows, I was amazed at how simple the stitches were to create and the pattern was very easy to follow. It was even easy for me adjust the sleeves to be a bit smaller than written for my size. Like the Glitterspun sweater above, I wouldn't mind making at least one more of this sweater, but I'm not sure where I would fit it in with so many more projects waiting to be started. ;-)

3 comments:

'THAT CROCHET GUY!!' said...

They're both very nice. Well done

Sandhya Karandikar said...

Lovely colour.I like the sleeves too.

Jasmine's Mommy said...

Great sweaters! I love them all!
The bell sleeves are great. Lovely work!